Sunday, March 5, 2017

GO

Dear Christian teens,
I fear we've forgotten.
I fear we've forgotten who we are and what we are called to do.

Last week I wrote about compassion.
Letting go of ourselves, and looking through the compassionate eyes of Christ.
Have you done that this past week?
Have you lived for the Lord and gone outside of yourself?

So I'm afraid we've forgotten.
Christians...
Have you forgotten what to do?

You've gone through the motions of "honoring the Lord"
You've lived your life for Christ.
What are you missing?

In the midst of this chaotic life you've lost the meaning, the true meaning, of WHO you are. WHO you are called to be as a representative of Christ.
You don't know what to do now.
You've carried out the challenge of sanctifying your life.
And now, you have compassion!
But what's next???


go


I want to live for Christ.
But my biggest fear is that I've failed.
So I look at everything that I am.
Then I try to fix it up.
I straighten out each kink and wrinkle of my personality.
But now I've truly failed.
I've forgotten!
My purpose is not to be perfect!

It is to live for Christ and share my life of Christ with those around me!
God calls us to something greater...sometimes something greater beyond our understanding.

So I challenge each of you to GO.
Go when you feel a little push from the Holy Spirit to talk to that person sitting alone at lunch.
Go, and don't fear the outcome...God will take care of the results!
Go, and minister.
And through your every day life, use your talents and gifts to relate and create conversation.
Share your faith with others and multiply the Kingdom of God!
Amen!

sincerely, 
             Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment