Saturday, October 15, 2016

ACCEPTANCE

Acceptance from Christ and from yourself

Something that all Christians tend to do is live up to the standards and expectations that we think the Lord has set for us. We try to make sure we're doing it all "right".
Trying so hard to honor Christ that the glory and focus shifts from Him.... to us.
Yes, God gives us commandments and rules to follow.
But He also gives us acceptance, grace and forgiveness.
Jesus accepts us for who we are, despite our sinful ways and mistakes. He has grace upon us especially when we mess up. And He forgives us. He forgives that consistent spit in the face that He receives from each one of us every day. And He still loves us that He would die for us again and again.

I surely have the tendency to not only do these things to myself, but also to the people around me. Jesus Christ accepts us for who we are, so why don't we do the same with the surrounding Christians?
NO.
Why don't we do the same with ourselves??
Accept yourself. Give yourself grace. And forgive yourself. Jesus does, now it's your turn.
Remember those commandments? Well, they will eventually become easier.
When you learn to love yourself despite your mistakes, then God's love will flow naturally...so will His commandments.

sincerely,
                      Sophie

7 comments:

  1. This is so amazing Sophia! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I didn't know you were so good at writing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good and inspiring! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good, Sophia!! I'm so proud of you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank each of you so much! I hope this will make an inspiration on your lives and you will find encouragement from this. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophia your words are so beautiful. To be so young and yet so talented - you are truly using your gift from God in such a positive way. When I read "Acceptance" it moved me - for I have two girls and I'm constantly surrounded by their by their friends. I watch and listen and so many have the right intentions but they do lose the focus of God trying to do what "they" think is right while what is "right for them" can sometimes hurt not only them but the ones around them. I feel that the true expectation of God is for the Holly Spirt to live inside of each of us, that being said you can't claim to not commit 1 sin while you are actually commiting another. For each day we should all ask ourself if the things we do and say to each other is glorifing our Lord Jesus Christ ? I Thank you for such a power and beautiful way to express the teaching of God's words -not only to those your age - but to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow... Ms. Tammy, I thank you so, so, so much for these words you've spoken of me. But I know that I can't always live up to them. I am encouraged myself, to know that this blog has reached as many people as it has. I thank Jesus for how much He is doing through me right now. I pray that He will keep doing so! But truly, all the glory goes to Him. For these words were not my own.

    ReplyDelete