Sunday, November 6, 2016

JUDGEMENT

Dear Christian teens,
I sit here knowing that I haven't always honored my Lord.
I've betrayed my Jesus by losing the love that He so wonderfully possesses.
In judgement, I've lost it. In hate, I've lost it. In bitterness, I've lost it.

Why is it so hard for Christians like you and me to live like our Christ?
This is a difficult question that we all face. 
 But don't lose hope! Today, I want to encourage y'all to dig into your Bibles.
Learn the truth, and please, don't make up your minds about someone before you know them!
This terrible trait that all humans take part in is so unhealthy. It shuts down our ability to tell them the gospel and share our faith. We make an opinion about people by what they wear and what they look like. We put them in a small stereo-typical box and disable ourselves to look at them through God's eyes. Other times, we form an opinion about someone out of bitterness. When others hurt us, we decide that they simply do not deserve God's love, and once again, they are put in box and shut out of our minds. I know what this is like because I've done it many times myself
But I'm challenging y'all to rise above it! 
I know I won't be perfect, but I hope that I will eventually lose the false attitude and gain a beautiful, God-given perspective.
So Christians, don't be negative. In my experience, the people I make judgements about occasionally tend to surprise me. 
Have hearts full of love and don't always assume. Accumulate the kind and Christ-like spirit to others and it will instantly reflect from you, to everyone around you.

sincerely,
                  Sophie 

1 comment: